Interview With MRG CEO Marishka Ixito

Skip Oceanlane: Hello and welcome to another interview as part of Capital Exchange Corner. With me today is CEO Marishka Ixito of the Marix Group (MRG). Welcome :-)




Marishka Ixito: Thank you Skip, for offering me the opportunity to tell a bit more about my company. Let me start however with complimenting you on the phenomenal success of the exchange, which is a vey solid improvement to its previous incarnations, from what I can tell having read some about the history of financial institutions in SL

Skip Oceanlane: Thanks. It's truly been an amazing experience here so far since January when I took over. The success is because of people like you that have chosen to come aboard

Marishka Ixito: Ah well, I wouldn't want to take credit for the sucess myself, but it's been a very rewarding experience for me sofar.

Skip Oceanlane: So tell everyone a little bit about Marix Group

Marishka Ixito: Right, well, I started in SL late February 2010, so I am indeed no older than my avatar in Second Life. Pretty soon I got interested in building, and built my first garden I think in April/May of last year, then built my first house pretty soon after that, and from the compliments I got on both, I figured I might have a shot at the rental market. And that's how it started, with just 3 rentals at first, in July last year. from just 3 to 103 as of today, not a bad result I think :)

Skip Oceanlane: When you say 103 rentals, do you mean sims, or just lots on a sim?

Skip Oceanlane: Like how many different rentals do you have on one sim

Marishka Ixito: 103 rental units, Marix Group owns property on several sims, but there's just two sims that are owned entirely

Marishka Ixito: Marix has rentals that vary a great deal in size, the smallest skyboxes are just 12x16 meters, so really small, the largest beach homes sit on 3072 sqm

Skip Oceanlane: How many sims does Marix Group have renters on

Marishka Ixito: 12

Marishka Ixito: most of those are mainland sims, that Marix Group just owns a part of

Skip Oceanlane: And how is the rental market going with all the recent turmoil in the land market?

Marishka Ixito: Well, I'm not sure turmoil is the right word, but it sure hasn't been dull. My feeling is that there's a distinction to be made between "the landmarket" and the market for rental homes. The landmarket as such is subdued, and has been for a long time now, as witnessed by the landmass statistics for the whole of SL. However, the market for rental homes, although very competitive, hasn't suffered the same fate I think.

Marishka Ixito: Of course, to be able to be succesful, adding value is the key.

Skip Oceanlane: So you're saying that land rentals are still going very strong?

Marishka Ixito: No, what I'm saying is that the market for empty parcels is a difficult one, much more so than the market for skyboxes or beach homes, both unfurnished and furnished.

Skip Oceanlane: Well since you paid a L$50,000 dividend a few days ago, things have to be going at least OK for you :-)

Marishka Ixito: I really can't complain, that is right. The result for October has surpassed my expectations.

Skip Oceanlane: I also read in your Company Info section (http://slcapex.com/symbol/MRG/profile) that you deal with investments

Skip Oceanlane: How much of the company value would you consider this division as opposed to rentals is?

Marishka Ixito: hmm, well, the rental business is by far the most important, as it generates a large part of the revenue, and because I still see plenty opportunity for growth there. However, the investments provide a nice way to diversify the company income, and serves to mitigate the risks for investors

Skip Oceanlane: Roughly how many MRG Lindens do you currently have invested at CapEx?

Skip Oceanlane: Eh, scratch that one

Marishka Ixito: close to 1 million L$

Marishka Ixito: that's the portfolio value mind you, not what MRG put into it

Skip Oceanlane: Wow, that's a significant amount. That should help generate good monthly dividends especially after you add in the rental profits

Marishka Ixito: exactly

Skip Oceanlane: I see that you still own a large portion of the MRG shares. Are you working on releasing more shares to the public, or do you plan to hold onto your current shares?

Marishka Ixito: hmm, that's a good question. I may sell some more shares if there is demand for them, to increase liquidity somewhat. However, this will be done in accordance with the CEO code of conduct that was published in the MRG forum. Meaning I will not sell any personal shares in the open market

Skip Oceanlane: So you will only sell using the new Person to Person (P2P) Transfer?

Marishka Ixito: That is right, awesome new feature by the way.

Marishka Ixito: More importantly though, traders will know that in the open market, they will never trade with the MRG CEO

Skip Oceanlane: What changes and/or improvements would you like to see at Capital Exchange?

Marishka Ixito: Well, I would have to say the emphasis in my view should be on ironing out that last few bugs in the software. Other than that, a Capex index is sorely missing at this point.

Skip Oceanlane: I already developed the Capital Exchange Trading Index (CETI) - I'm just waiting to get it integrated into our website

Skip Oceanlane: It will measure the change in prices in relation to the IPO price

Marishka Ixito: I knew there was work ongoing, thought I'd give you the pass so you could score the goal :)

Skip Oceanlane: I'm still waiting to kick the ball ;-)

Skip Oceanlane: I have to wait for the goal to be constructed first LOL

Marishka Ixito: ah well, I am sure it will represent a significant improvement

Skip Oceanlane: I also would like to have charts and graphs integrated as well. The website is always going to be a work in progress

Marishka Ixito: as it should be, as long as there's no outages that's fine, but I think as far as stability of the website is concerned, nobody can have any complaints really

Skip Oceanlane: I spent extra money to upgrade the server when I took over in January, and it's proven to be a wise investment. It's been able to handle the thousands of new traders as well as the increased activity

Marishka Ixito: I'll come see you when I need someone with a crystal ball :)

Skip Oceanlane: If I had one of those, I'd be using it for the rl stock markets

Skip Oceanlane: What else can you tell potential investors about your stock, and why they should buy it?

Marishka Ixito: Well, to be honest I have been surprised by the interest in the MRG shares sofar, it has driven the shares up from the initial 0.80 L$ per share to 1.17 L$ as of today. People must have great confidence in the company. What I can say is that there's tremendous potential for growth. I will repeat though, that investors would be wise to avoid MRG if they're looking to make a quick buck. Expansion will put pressure on the profit developement temporarily

Skip Oceanlane: What are your dividend projections for the next 3-6 months?

Marishka Ixito: Now you're asking me to look in the crystal ball. Not sure it would be wise to do that. If the demand for the MRG rentals stays as good as it has been sofar though, a higher dividend can be anticipated eventually.

Skip Oceanlane: Not asking for you to fortell the future. Just asking if it's your goal to increase dividends, or hold them steady at where they are now

Skip Oceanlane: Some companies pay 100% of profit in dividends

Skip Oceanlane: others only pay a %

Skip Oceanlane: and others, like CAPX, try to maintain a particular level per share

Marishka Ixito: The intention is to offer a stable dividend that grows over time.

Skip Oceanlane: Sounds like a good policy :-)

Marishka Ixito: thank you Skip

Skip Oceanlane: Anything else you'd like to add?

Marishka Ixito: I think we've covered most. Maybe I could add that MRG will strive to offer investors a fair return on their investment, and that we look into the future confident that we can meet the challenge.

Skip Oceanlane: Well I'd like to thank you for answering my questions. If anyone reading this has any questions, please feel free to contact CEO Marishka Ixito in-world, or via e-mail at maris.dv@gmail.com

Marishka Ixito: you're very welcome Skip

Press here

No comments: